Parish School of Religion (PSR)
Welcome to the St. Mary Parish School of Religion webpage!
The Parish School of Religion (PSR) mission is to assist parents in the religious education and spiritual formation of their children. Our program is committed to the spiritual development of students in the parish (K-8th grade) who attend non-parochial schools. We are excited to transmit the message of Jesus Christ to the families who participate in our program!
Diana Toth, Director of Religious Education
First Communion Date Selection Form
2016-17 PSR Family Health Info. Forms
2016-17 PSR Family Handbook
Child Photo Release
2016-17 Volunteer Information Forms
Our Parish School of Religion is in full swing. We have Pre-Kindergarten through our 8th grade confirmation class. The second grade and the 8th grade are preparing for their sacraments. They are extremely excited about these adventures. The 8thgraders are looking forward to the retreats and youth ministry. Fifth graders are excited to be altar servers and learn about the Mass and the Bible. Fourth grade is focused on learning the prayers, learning about the commandments and service. Third grade is learning about the sacraments and the rosary.
Parents: Please remember five things about St Mary’s program for PSR, School, Youth Ministry and Adult Education, to make your child’s religious education experience a full and dynamic of an experience as possible.
- Bishop Campbell has said that every Catholic should be spending 40+ hours each year learning about the faith. This starts at Kindergarten and goes through adulthood. Our Senior High youth ministry is your child’s next step after PSR. The 40 hours does not stop after 8thgrade. So see you at the activities that we and the Diocese offer. Please let us know what else we can do to ease this educational objective for you and your family.
- First and Second grade are mandatory for receiving first reconciliation and first communion.
- 7-8thgrade are mandatory for receiving the sacrament of confirmation. At St. Mary we offer The EDGE program for 6th & 7th graders, which covers the first two years of the St. Mary Confirmation Preparation Program. Upon completing this program, your 8th grader will advance to the final program, which is called ONEIGHT.
- Youth Group starts at 3rd– 4th grade with Tweens and God, also known as TAG. Summit youth group is for the 5th -7th graders. These youth groups are a fun way for the kids to enrich their ever-growing faith by spending time with friends in a fun atmosphere.
- After Confirmation, in 8th grade, your child can be trained to be a leader at the senior high youth group. We have retreats especially to train the youth. They can use the training on their college application as well as learn their faith on a deeper level.
We can assist you in every mode of learning and stage of life! So let us help you succeed in your families educational adventures.